High Visibility Clothing in the workplace
WHERE IS HIGH VIS REQUIRED?
High visibility wear is required in certain workplaces, such as construction sites especially where vehicles operate. It is also required for the driver to wear high visibility when he exits the vehicle. People who work outside in public places also mostly require to wear high vis clothing so the public is aware of them. Another example of the types of job that require high vis is ground staff at airports so they are easily spotted.
High Visibility Clothing Includes:
- High Vis Waistcoats
- High Vis Trousers
- High Vis Jackets
- High Vis Coats
- Provide any HV clothing needed for the job free of charge to any employees who may be exposed to significant risks to their safety;
- Maintain HV clothing in a clean state and in good working order. It should be checked before being given to employees;
- Provide storage facilities for clothing when not in use;
- Provide adequate information, instruction and training to enable employees to use HV clothing correctly. This should include an explanation of the risks, why the clothing is needed, how and when it should be worn; and
- Supervise employees to ensure that they wear the clothing correctly and whenever it is needed.
Should wear the HV clothing provided as instructed by your employer. Look after clothing issued to you, check for and report any damage or defects to your employer. Use the storage facilities provided when the clothing is not in use. Remember: damaged or ill-fitting clothing will not protect you properly.
MR D TOP TIP
The Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992 require many factors to be taken into account to ensure that the correct clothing is chosen for a particular task. Please take time out to read and know the regulations for your workplace.
OUR RANGE OF HIGH VISIBILITY CLOTHING